Search

CelluloidPoints Search

Thursday, January 04, 2007

The Departed : by Martin Scorsese


****ing Rat... This could have easily been the title of the film...Jack Nicholson and company going beserk with their mean Boston twang ;


going **** this **** that....

The Departed has become a cult film in many ways and I am listing those below

* Matt Damon; Leonardo Di Caprio and Jack have put in so much into their roles making the viewer gasp on the transformation

* Oxford Dictionary is put to sword with downright usage of Slangs and Unmentionables ( if you found Omkara out of your scope ; wait for this one ;) )

* The Plot is just supelative ; screenplay keeping the audience into a maze.

* Dropkick Murphy's Soundtrack playing in the background "I'm Shipping Up to Boston" adds to the flavour ( this is my current ringtone FYI)

* In terms of Performances KUDOS to "Leonardo Di Caprio" (my pick for this movie..u can choose yours)

* Chilling Potrayal of "Frank Costello" with lecherous undertones ....

* Best Sequence of the Movie : The Shootout at 344 (nicely executed)

* Glitches ( if any ) : Climax could have been better and spicier.

My Concluding Note:
You might win the rat race but you are still a rat!!
( Apt Punchline for the movie ; Alas! Martin didn't contact me ; )
DARE NOT MISS THIS ONE

Rating : 4.5/5.0

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Now I know what you mean.I agree with the rating.I do think you should write more often.I dread to think what you might write about Eklavya!
*chuckles*

SiD said...

hmm.. nice movie and agree with you on all the points..
Climax could have been better and spicier
well I liked the rudely abrupt endings of lives of both Matt and Leanardo.. bham!!! Over!!

TyphoonTanny said...

So the rating has been justified; movie baggin the best picture Oscar ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails