Search

CelluloidPoints Search

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Following : by Christopher Nolan

Breaking a Story into Pieces and Restructuring ..

Nolan is God ...

a true grandmaster .. outwitting the audiences.

This is the 5th installment I have witnessed , and I am simply blown away time and again starting right from Memento , Batman Begins , The Prestige to The Dark Knight.



Following( is Nolan's Debut - 1998) ....... is about this lonely , struggling writer , who takes up a weird hobby of following people on the streets with the motive of inspiring his next novel using the commonalities .

In the process , he finds himself into a sequential ( so to say non- linear for us ) parody of events , teaming with a professional thief by accident.

The length of the film at 70 minutes makes it sharp , crisp , and into a what-happens-next mould , with mouth-gaping end reeels.

WYS - I - N (Not) - WYG .... Christopher Nolan's Mantra ...

Take a bow !

Rating : 4.5/5.0

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Nolan's movies as well. Well, I liked the batman ones more because of the action etc, but memento and prestige pretty much blew me away..You made my weekend by telling about "Following". Date set for this saturday night :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails